Volitional dimensions of decision-making in addiction
Eric Racine, PhD (Pragmatic Health Ethics Research Unit, Université de Montréal, McGill University); Marianne Rochette (Pragmatic Health Ethics Research Unit, Université de Montréal) Claudia Barned, PhD (Pragmatic Health Ethics Research Unit, McGill University); Sebastian Sattler, PhD (University of Cologne)
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Racine Eric, Barned Claudia. Addiction and voluntariness: Five “challenges” to address in moving the discussion forward, Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 2019; 28(4): 677-694; https://doi.org/10.1017/S0963180119000628.
- Ewusi-Boisvert Estelle, Racine Eric. A critical review of methodologies and results in recent research on belief in free will. Neuroethics, 2018; 11(1), 97-110.
- Sattler Sebastian, Escande Alice, Racine Eric, Göritz Anja S. Public stigma towards people with drug addiction: A factorial survey conducted in Germany. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 2017; 78(3), 415–425.
- Racine Eric, Sattler Sebastian, Escande Alice. Free will and the brain disease model of addiction: The not so seductive allure of neuroscience and its modest impact on the attribution of free will to people with addiction. Frontiers in Psychology, 2017; 8:1850.
- Saigle Victoria, Dubljevic Veljko, Racine Eric. The impact of a landmark neuroscience study on free will: A qualitative analysis of articles using Libet & colleagues’ methods. AJOB Neuroscience, 2018; 9(1):29-41.
- Racine Eric, Rousseau-Lesage Simon*. The voluntary nature of decision-making in addiction: Static metaphysical views versus epistemologically dynamic views, Bioethics, 2017; 31(5), 349-359.
- Racine Eric. A proposal for a scientifically-informed and instrumentalist account of free will and voluntary action. Frontiers in Psychology, 2017; 8: 754.
- Racine Eric, Nguyen Valentin, Saigle Victoria, Dubljevic Veljko. Media portrayal of a landmark. Neuroscience experiment on free will. Science and Engineering Ethics, 2017; 23(4), 989-1007.
- Racine Eric, Saigle Victoria. Static and dynamic metaphysics of free will: A pragmatic perspective. The Neuroethics Blog, the official blog of the American Journal of Bioethics Neuroscience, 2014: http://www.theneuroethicsblog.com/2014/01/static-and-dynamic-metaphysics-of-free.html .