Join our team
We are always looking to grow our interdisciplinary team of postdoctoral fellows, undergraduate and graduate students, interns, and research staff.
We are currently in the process of recruiting:
- One postdoctoral OR graduate student
Please see the posting(s) below for more details.
If there are no postings for which you can apply but you find our research to be of interest, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com.
Postdoctoral Fellowship or Graduate Student Scholarship
*This offer could be transformed into a scholarship for a graduate student supervised at the IRCM.
The Pragmatic Health Ethics Unit is the only research group in the world explicitly attempting to use philosophical pragmatism to develop the theoretical, methodological, and practical aspects of an ethics of health. The unit is currently in search of postdoctoral or graduate researchers (masters or doctoral) wishing to contribute to the development of a pragmatic ethics. It will be possible to take part in the development of new ethical theories and methodologies at the heart of our research program or to work on one of our many, more applied projects aimed at mobilizing pragmatic approaches.
This position will last 12 months with the possibility of renewal. Candidates with expertise in a field other than bioethics that is still related (e.g., implementation science, action research, psychology, social work, philosophy) are invited to apply as well.
- A degree in bioethics, social science, philosophy, or health sciences **
- Interest in pursuing research in bioethics
- Interest in philosophical pragmatism
- Ability to work in collaboration with stakeholders
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Publication and scientific communication experience
- Organization skills and proficient time management
- Interdisciplinary teamwork experience
- French-English bilingualism
- Autonomy and high level of motivation
**Required degree is based on candidate status
The position remains open until filled.
Start date: as soon as December 1, 2019.
Submit by email a CV, a cover letter and two reference letters to Eric Racine, Ph.D., Director, Pragmatic Health Ethics Research Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please specify if you are applying for a postdoctoral fellowship or graduate scholarship. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.