Join our team
We are always looking to grow our interdisciplinary team of postdoctoral fellows, undergraduate and graduate students, interns, and research staff.
We are currently in the process of recruiting:
- One postdoctoral fellow
Please see the posting below for more details.
If there are no postings for which you can apply but you find our research to be of interest, we invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area of research
Ethics of type 1 diabetes research
With the support of
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the JDRF Foundation (for type 1 diabetes)
We are seeking one postdoctoral fellow wishing to join the Pragmatic Health Ethics Research Unit at the Montreal Clinical Research Institute. This position is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the JDRF Foundation and lasts 12 months with a possibility of renewal. Candidates with expertise in fields other than bioethics (e.g., implementation science or action research) are invited to submit their application as well.
This postdoctoral fellowship is offered in collaboration with the BETTER (BEhaviors, Therapies, TEchnologies and hypoglycemic Risks) project, funded by the CIHR. The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team in developing a research program oriented towards the ethical dimensions of research on type 1 diabetes, especially on hypoglycemia, new therapies and technologies, and significant psychosocial implications.
- Ph.D. training in bioethics or social science or health sciences or policy research
- Interest in pursuing empirical research in bioethics
- Interest in collaborating with a clinical diabetes research team
- Ability to work in collaboration with stakeholders
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and proficient time management
- Publication and scientific communication experience
- Interdisciplinary teamwork experience
- English-French bilingualism
- Autonomy and high-level motivation
- Ideally, experience in health research or implementation research
Positions remain open until filled.
Hiring as early as January 2020.
Submit a CV, a cover letter, and two reference letters by email to Eric Racine, Ph.D., Director, Pragmatic Health Ethics Research Unity (email@example.com). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.